NEW YORK – As we begin 2010, now is the time for me to reflect on the top reputations in crisis in 2009. The following is officially Mike “The Reputation Doctor” Paul’s Annual Top 10 List of Reputations in Crisis for 2009. This list is compiled by and solely the opinion of crisis public relations and reputation management expert Mike Paul. You’ve seen him weekly as a guest TV news commentator analyzing top individuals and organizations with reputations in crisis in the media.… Read the rest
Chris Cuomo on GMA
According to several news sources, it appears ABC will be making a decision in the near future regarding who will be the new anchor to replace Diane Sawyer at ABC’s Good Morning America. Some have said George Stephanopoulos is the front runner for the job. When I heard that, my first reaction was someone at the top at ABC must not understand branding and reputation!
Morning television is not all about hard news and politics. It is about a combination of soft news like fashion, cooking, home life and gossip like celebrity news, who is dating whom, as well as hard news like politics, business news and legal news.… Read the rest
Striking a Pose Before Drug Revelations.
By Lynn Zinser. In: The New York Times. On: Wednesday, March 18, 2009
For Yankees’ third baseman Alex Rodriguez, a cover story and eye-opening photo shoot for Details magazine could hardly have come at a less opportune time. He agreed to the project in late December, when it may have seemed like a good way to raise his fashion profile. Instead, he sat for the interview on Feb. 5, the day he found out that his positive test of steroids in 2003 would soon be publicly disclosed.
For Details, the timing was splendid. “You look at the pictures and you have to wonder what he is thinking,” said Alex Bhattacharji, an articles editor for Details magazine.… Read the rest
- 1 in 3 teens experiences some kind of abuse in their romantic relationships, including verbal and physical abuse.
- Nearly 80% of girls who have been physically abused in their intimate relationships continue to date their abuser.
- 40% of teen girls ages 14-17 know someone their age who has been hit or beaten by their partner.
- About 1 in 5 high school girls have been physically or sexually abused by a dating partner.
You don’t have to be famous or represent a corporation or government to be concerned about your reputation. Every person alive needs to properly manage their reputation. With the new year, I thought I would share my list of the top 10 reputation management tips for everyone to remember.
1. Reputation management is the building, maintaining and repairing of an individual or organization’s reputation. It is an estimation of character and integrity. It is everything!
2. Ego management is an important first step in reputation management. When your ego is too big, it is impossible to best repair your reputation. Replace ego-driven communication with humble, honest and transparent communication.
3. A long-term, positive, reputation must be built on truth and not lies or spin.… Read the rest